If you're wondering what on earth this thing is about, you can read about it in this post.
Beliefs/quotes/ideas that have resonated with me for a long time:
- "Be the change you wish to see in the world." ~Gahndi
- "We are what we repeatedly do; excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit." ~Aristotle
- Whatever you do, do it well.
- Be loyal.
- Family is more than blood relationships. My friends are my family.
- "We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand." ~Randy Pausch (Side note: I watched Randy Pausch's "Last Lecture" and read his book around the same time I watched/read Simon Sinek's works and I think there is a lot of correlation between the two. "The Last Lecture" is the other video I go back and watch every few months at this point.)
On the flip side, here are things that are difficult for me:
- Processing emotions and talking about them honestly with others. I process things verbally, so it's never a good thing when I find myself unable to talk about something.
- Letting go of ideas/concepts/people.
- Finding balance (which I've mentioned before.) That "whatever you do, do it well" thing sometimes goes to far.
- Delegating tasks and trusting that others can (and will) do them as well as I would have. (Then again, perhaps I just need to find a way to help find others who "believe what I believe" as Mr. Sinek suggests.)