In yoga, vrittis are the passing thoughts and movements of your mind. Sometimes they're conscious, sometimes they pop into your head at the most random (and sometimes inopportune or inappropriate) times.
I had the realization last night that my Random Friday Facts are really nothing more than passing thoughts that don't always happen in a logical sequence. Random Friday Facts are really just vrittis in disguise!
Here are my Random Friday Vrittis! This week, most of them revolve around diet.
1. My thoughts on diet, health, and weight loss have changed drastically in the past few years. I no longer believe that calorie-restriction is the way to go--but I also am not quite sure what I SHOULD eat (and in what proportions.)
2. I used to have a goal in my head that I'd like to lose weight so I'd get back to 120 lbs. Now, I'm pretty sure that if I lost that much weight I'd lost muscle mass as well--which I have no interest in doing.
3. After a lifetime of preconceived notions about diet, I still have a hard time convincing myself that fat is not inherently bad.
4. I have never really believed in "diets," but instead strive for lifestyle changes.
5. Duff Man
wasted money paid to have Millie's DNA analyzed. Yeah, I know. Here were the results.
|Black & Tan Coonhound|
6. I hope he can get his money back. I think the tests are clearly wrong. They also said that Millie is a boy.
7. Paying to have your dog's DNA tested means you have too much disposable income to spend on stupid shit. Or maybe just that you spend your disposable income on stupid shit. I dunno.
8. I really want to ride my bike this week... but I really don't know where I should go.
9. I made pizza this week. It was AMAZING.
10. Spring Break starts in 2 hours and I just can't wait!!