1) My favorite Christmas movies are Elf, Love Actually, How the Grinch Stole Christmas, and National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation. I quote all of these movies year-round.
2) I don't think I've ever seen "It's a Wonderful Life." I saw "A Christmas Story" exactly once (about 2 or 3 years ago) and while I wanted to love it, I just didn't.
3) I'm sad that we don't have any Christmas lights up outside this year. I grew up in a house that had every tacky holiday decoration you could possibly imagine, so I feel like our house is naked without them.
4) Growing up, Santa always "stopped first" at our house, so we opened our presents on Christmas Eve. Really, it started as a tradition that we'd go to Midnight Mass and open presents afterwards and then became "we'll open presents at midnight" and then... "Let's just open presents on Christmas Eve."
5) I love Egg Nog.
6) One year, I'd really like to make a crown roast for Christmas dinner.
7) I'd really like to go see The Messiah at the Kennedy Center, but it always happens when I'm out of town. We're debating about going to the sing-a-long version tonight, but we know the line will be super long since it's free.
8) I really do think the best part of Christmas is picking out the best presents for other people. It makes me sad that I have so few people to buy presents for. (I think I've said that in the past, though.)
9) I waited until the last minute to do all of my shopping this year. Oops.
10) I received several trinkets from my students this year, but the best gifts are always the sincere note telling me how much a student appreciates my class. I didn't get any of those this year. (Okay, scratch that, I got one email and it was pretty awesome.)